Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My excuse for my missing useful post

So I am trying this new thing. I'm waking up around 5:15.

Yikes!

This all started, actually, because my drive to work last year took about 10 minutes less than this year (because of the lovely fact that every dump truck/water tank truck in the whole state has moved to this area!) so I could not get to work on time for the longest time. So I decided to get up earlier - about 10 minutes earlier! - right after Thanksgiving. That worked out great, and I was getting to work on time or early.

Then around the new year I decided to start a Read-the-Bible-in-a-year program, and I was feeling too rushed in the mornings to really invest myself in my devotions and Bible reading. And then I stumbled upon this: The Five O'Clock Club. This club basically states that the members will get up early (however early it takes) to spend time worshiping and communing with God before their crazy, hectic days start.

So I committed. I still don't have the details worked out yet (like when I need to go to bed so that I don't feel like a sleep walker in the morning, and how to get my husband to go to bed early too, and how to best arrange my quiet time so that I'm alone...), but I am already feeling blessed by this.

Although today was not the best, I felt that God was with me. I know that He is always with me, but now that I'm spending more time with Him, I recognize Him places that before I would have been tempted to not even see Him. And I'm loving Him more than I have in a while. It's really jump started my growth.

And I'm also not quite sure of what to do with myself in the evenings because I'm so tired now! So until I get used to this 5:15 schedule, my Useful Tuesday edition may fall on a Useful... Thursday? or Friday... But I will try to keep posting one a week until I run out of ideas.

Because if I don't my husband will tease me mercilessly :)

Check back soon for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment