Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Useful Tuesdays

In my quest to become a more regular blogger, I've decided to have a weekly post entitled "Useful Tuesdays" where I will feature items that I have found to be useful to me in some way. Some of the posts will feature a purchased item that I use as intended, and some will be items that I've put a new use to. And since I had a snowday today (ice day?) I have no excuse not to post! So here is my useful item for January 18th.



This is an antique key on a ribbon (and my cat, who decided she wanted to be featured on my blog as well). I used to have these keys hanging around my bedroom, but one day I was looking for something, anything, to tie back the curtains that I made. I did NOT want to make tie backs too. I like sewing, but I was done at this point. I also couldn't put any hooks or anything into the window trim because 1) we rent, so the less holes we put in the walls now, the less holes we have to putty when we leave... and 2) our trim is dry rotting and doesn't hold anything in it anymore anyway. So when my eyes fell on the keys I had a eureka! moment. They very much fit my decorating style... or they would if I actually had one. And I like how it turned out.




And I hope you do, too!
Happy Tuesday!

1 comment: